End-use Licence Agreement for Postal CodeOM Conversion Files
For use by current University of Toronto Faculty, Students, and Staff.
- The Licensee shall not lend, rent, lease, sublicense, distribute, make public, transfer or sell any part of the data product nor any right granted under this agreement to any person outside the licensed organization or to any other organization.
- The Licensee shall not disassemble, decompile or in any way attempt to reverse engineer any part of the data product.
- The Licensee shall not use any part of the data product to develop or derive any other data product or data service for external distribution or commercial sale.
- The Licensee shall not use the data product other than for the purpose of matching Postal CodeOM data to geography in accordance with Appendix A.
- The Licensee shall not use the data product for the following mail preparation purposes:
- addressing mail;
- presorting addressed mail
- preparing unaddressed mail by householder count for delivery
- The Licensee agrees not to merge or link the data product with any other databases in such a fashion that gives the appearance that the Licensee may have received, or had access to, information held by Statistics Canada about any identifiable individual, family, household, organization or business.
- The Licensee is granted rights of use of the content of this data product for the purpose expressly described in Appendix A, attached, and for no other purpose. In such cases, the source of the data must be acknowledged in all documents and communications by providing the following source citation at the bottom of each table and graph:
Source: adapted from Statistics Canada’s Postal CodeOM Conversion File (insert reference date) which is based on data licensed from Canada Post Corporation.
- Licensee agrees to indemnify the University of Toronto for any damages arising out of unauthorized uses of the licensed content. Licensee agrees to indemnify the University of Toronto for any damages arising out of unauthorized uses of the licensed content.
Approved Postal Code Data Matching Uses for DLI Accredited Canadian Post-secondary Institutions.
Matching Postal CodeOM data to geography for:
- Teaching and learning purposes.
e.g.: Students can download PCCF on their laptop to do their assignments. This includes projects, maps, analytical papers, etc. Faculty can download and use the PCCF in teaching exercises.
- Research purposes
e.g.: Can be used in analysis to write articles that are published in journals. The data is not shared but the results are published. This also includes thesis for Masters or Doctorate where results are required to be public.
- Planning purposes
The institution can use the information in planning student recruitment activities or find out where these students are coming from.
To access Postal Code Data log in with your UTORid via University of Toronto Web Login
Use this option for single sign-on to my.access, UTORmail, and other university web services. For your privacy be sure to close your browser before leaving this work station.
Trouble logging in?
If you have question about my.access please send a message to: email@example.com